We have five two-week sessions in 2020, mid-June through third week of August: Disney, Frozen, Broadway Kids, Greatest Show, and Current Broadway Camps. Campers write their own scenes and sing songs within each theme. Laura Thomas Dutton returns as choreographer, with Ben Kapilow as Music Director.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CAMP MEDIA THEATRE 2020
Greetings Camp Families!
We are looking forward to a wonderful 2020 Camp Media Theatre.
As you are aware, COVID-19 has changed society at large around the world which means Camp Media Theatre 2020 will be slightly different from previous Camp summers. We will
still have groups divided by age, with one group having acting lessons while another has music/ movement.
Please note: Due to COVID- 19 the theatre (areas in which campers will use) will be disinfected prior to camp, and after each camp each day. The restrooms will also be disinfected twice daily.
- We will have six-foot markers on the lobby floor and in theatre aisles
- we will utilize proper distancing during lunch and snack sessions as much as possible.
Parents will need to prepay for snacks and beverages each day as no cash will be
- we will most likely stagger pick-up and drop-off by alphabetical order; will be curbside.
Children will have their temperature taken prior to entry. Campers will be escorted individually to the theatre, and parents should remain in their cars at drop-off and pick-up
- we will also have single points of entry and exit each day, to be determined.
- In the past, each two-week session ended with a performance on stage. For this summer, we
will not be having camp shows at the end of each session.
- As per the theatre space and staff,
including educators, each adult staff member will have their temperature checked daily. If the temperature is at or above 100, the staff member will be sent home.
The Media Theatre will do everything possible, according to CDC and PA guidelines to ensure the theatre is a ‘safe’ space for all involved. Our stage will be prepped
and disinfected, eight shields for business operation (including at the camp concession stand), and a supply of face masks. We will also have sanitizing stations set up around the theatre. Thanks, and have a great summer!
- Please take a moment and read the Philadelphia
Inquirer article attached regarding summer camps. It’s important for you to know, and
please pass the information on to your camper.